Contact Us
Shelton Daily Voice serves Shelton, CT
Return to your home site

Menu

Shelton Daily Voice serves Shelton, CT

Nearby Towns

police & fire

Firefighter Injured After Falling Through Roof Of Burning Home In Shelton

Shelton firefighters responded a blaze that began in the attic of a Sharon Drive home on Monday.
Shelton firefighters responded a blaze that began in the attic of a Sharon Drive home on Monday. Photo Credit: Echo Hose Hook & Ladder Co. 1, Facebook

SHELTON, Conn. — A Shelton firefighter was injured when he fell through a hole in a roof while battling a blaze in a house Monday afternoon, according to the Connecticut Post.

The injuries to the unidentified firefighter were not life-threatening but he was taken to an area hospital, the Post said.

The fire broke out at about 3:05 p.m. in a single-family, raised ranch house at 52 Sharon Drive, according to Echo Hose Hook & Ladder Co. 1. Heavy smoke was pouring through the roof when crews arrived from Echo Hose Hook and Ladder Company #1, Pine Rock Park Fire Company #4 and White Hills Fire Company #5.

Crews remained on the scene until about 5 p.m., knocking down hot spots and cleaning up.

Click here to read the story at the Connecticut Post.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Shelton Daily Voice!

This is a one time message inviting you to keep in touch

Get important news about your town as it happens.