BRIDGEPORT, Conn. -- A man pleaded guilty to manslaughter in connection with the death of a Bridgeport man who was hit by a brick thrown by a group of people last year, according to the Connecticut Post.
On Monday 30-year-old Jonathan DeJesus pleaded guilty to first-degree manslaughter in court in Bridgeport, the Connecticut Post reported. He is set to be sentenced on Nov. 3, when a judge has said he will receive eight years in prison, according to the Connecticut Post.
The incident took place on July 16, 2016 when Edy Morales, 41, was a passenger in a Jeep Cherokee traveling on Jane Street when several people threw rocks, a brick and a metal pipe at the car. He was hit in the side of the head by a brick and later died at Bridgeport Hospital, according to police.
Police later arrested four people in connection with the death. Police said that Morales didn't know his attackers.
The four people charged in connection with the crime told police that the occupants of the Jeep had disrespected them, according to the Connecticut Post. Police determined that DeJesus had been the one to throw the brick, the Connecticut Post reported.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.