Contact Us
Shelton Daily Voice serves Shelton, CT
Return to your home site

Menu

Shelton Daily Voice serves Shelton, CT

Nearby Towns

police & fire

Shelton Family Homeless After Fire In Laundry Room

A truck belonging to the Echo Hose Hook & Ladder Co. 1
A truck belonging to the Echo Hose Hook & Ladder Co. 1 Photo Credit: Echo Hose Hook & Ladder Co. 1

SHELTON, Conn. — Shelton firefighters extinguished a blaze Saturday evening that started in the dryer of a home on Sharon Court, according to the Connecticut Post.

The family was left temporarily homeless after the fire, which began when an aerosol deodorant can left in a pair of pants exploded in the dryer, catching the clothes on fire, the Post said. The fire spread out through the room and caused considerable damage, the story said.

No one was injured but a pet hamster was lost, the Post said.

Click here to read the story at the Connecticut Post website.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Shelton Daily Voice!

This is a one time message inviting you to keep in touch

Get important news about your town as it happens.